Minoan Palace of Sklavokampos which is located 8 km from Tylisos was discovered in 1930 during the construction of the road that connects Tylisos with Anogeia.

According to archaeologists, the building had many floors and at least 17 rooms. Also at the palace were found 39 ceramic stamps that were used for sealing letters like sealing wax, drown vessels, pots, tools and cups.

The location of the palace seems to be of great importance because it was in the middle of the road that connected the west and the central parts of the town.