The church of Agios Charalampos is located a few meters south of the church of Agios Nikitas at Frangokastello.

The church seems to exist before 1821, but that was the time that monk Grigorios and nun Magdalini moved in and rebuilt the church but also expanded it to a monastery.

The monastery is surrounded by a crenelated wall, while on its west side is located a two leveled building that used to be the monks’ resident. This building is a great example of the local architecture of that period.