Stoli village is located about 56 km south of Heraklion, at an altitude of 280 meters. The inhabitants of the village, which according to the 2011 census amount 345 persons have as main occupation farming and agriculture.
The name of the village comes from the Holy Apostles, the church that existed at the site of the cemetery. It first mentioned in documents of the Venetian Fr. Barozzi in 1577 under the name Stolus. During the first Turkish census of 1671 the village is not mentioned, and later up to 1894 refers only moulsouman families. After the exchange of populations settled in the village refugees and some Cretan families.