Cretaquarium - Thalassocosmos, opened in December 2005, in Heraklion Gournes, just 15 km from Heraklion.
Cretaquarium is a creation of the Greek Marine Research Centre and supported by the expertise of the Greek scientists.
- 10.000t.m. surrounding area.
- 10.000t.m. Parking - space for 20 buses.
- 1.600t.m. aquarium exhibition spaces.
- 2.600t.m. technical premises (the scenes).
- 32 tanks with 50 observation points.
- 0.5 to 600 cm volume of the tank (1 mln. 600 000 liters of sea water).
- 300sq.m transparent walls.
- 2,000 marine organisms.
- Visit Duration - 1 hour.
- multipurpose room (projector, seminars etc.) capacity of 150 people.
Cretaquarium - Thalassocosmos conduct educational programs for all classes of primary and secondary education.